Samstag, 11. September 2010

J-Finesse - City Scapes Volume 1

When I first started this project, I went into it with the idea of creating something that would not only be pleasant to other people, but to me as well. Back in the spring of 2008, I was in a creative frenzy-making 3-4 beats a day on my MPC. After months of honing my skills, I saw a transformation in my music. No longer was I just sampling and creating a beat, I was making something totally different by adding layers of other instruments. After the warm reception that I received with the Southern House-pitality and Hypnotik Soul projects, my efforts went into producing. Hence this album, City Scapes. I wanted to create a hodgepodge of music that would represent the different influences that had a great affect on me personally. I named the cd City Scapes because I love making music that would put you in a certain state of being or place, if you will. When you listen to the cd, you hear an introduction from the late great, J-Dilla. I wanted to start off with him because Dilla is by far, my favorite producer of all time. As City Scapes progresses, you will experience different textures that are incorporated in my mixes. Whether it is from the sample, the sound of a fender Rhodes, concert strings, flutes, etc…one thing that resonates throughout the piece is the SOUL. By far, this is probably my most personal piece of work yet as the songs and segues offer different moods that represent how I was feeling at the time. All in all, I thank you for your ears and your heart, and for purchasing this cd and supporting me in my endeavor.

Dedicated to the memory of my Grandmothers, Evelyn & Rhuehama. To my mother and father…thank you for your support and understanding. To my sisters, nephew & nieces..thank you for being the family that I needed in times of uncertainty. To my great-aunt, Rene…thanks for allowing me to laugh with you and vent out about all of my past girlfriends. To Addy-Jo, Uncle Ray, Uncle Bird & Aunt Kim…thanks for allowing me to peruse your record collections. Lastly, to my past loves….each of you will have a place in my heart and I thank you for putting up with me. To my friends here and afar….thank you for understanding me and what I was trying to do with my music.

Thank you…Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, Gamble & Huff, Norman Whitfield, J-Dilla, DJ Premier, Kanye West, 9th Wonder, Neptunes, Timbaland, NoID, Q-Tip, Dr. Dre, DJ Quik, N.O. Joe, Maverick, Owusu & Hannibal, Nicolay, Kev Brown, 20 Syl, Mabanua & Samon Kamunura, Dave Soul, Darryl @ Mood’s, Applejac, Dj Rahdu, Lost Soul, Miss Kai, Dionne, Steve, Rashidi, BG, Shevy, Chris Moore, DJ Scorpio, Gangster D, & Morehouse College C/O ’98.

Peace, Love & Harmony Through Music!!!!

J-Finesse


<a href="http://jfinesse.bandcamp.com/album/city-scapes-volume-1">City Scapes Volume 1 by J-Finesse</a>

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen